I recived NO respond after 1 year from filling I-751 ? i have filled I-751 on sept 26 , 2011 , me and my wife still married ,

Lexington, SC |

i send with my appliction all the documents that say we are married even some pics too,i checked about2months ago and they have passed my filling date,so i called,the lady said ther is some thing not right and she request information and she told me that i will hear something within 15 days,i have not heard any thing at all after 20 days i called again,i explain what happened,then they transfer me to superviser which he can give me more info,( that what the lady on th ephone said),i talked to him,and he was not nice and said they still working in my case,so i asked him if my file get lost,he answer" i told you they working in your case ",now they are in Dec12,2011, should i worry ?or what i should do ? can i file for my citizenship now or i have to wait till i get my green card ?

Hire an attorney to assist you in your case. You can't become a citizen unless and until your conditional status has been removed. Good luck!

The Law Office of David N. Shomloo, LLC. David N. Shomloo, Esq. Immigration/Criminal practice 222 N W Davis st. no. 402 Portland, Oregon 97209 www.davidshomloo.com 503-220-5045 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Its best to hire competent immigration counsel. In general though, USCIS is really backlogged and terrible with I-751 cases both joint filing and waivers. You can file the N-400 citizenship application BUT the case/application cannot be approved until the I-751 is approved, although sometimes, filing the N-400 will also get the I-751 moving and of the shelf.

I agree with my colleagues.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.