Skip to main content

I recieved and early dismissal from deferred adjudification of poss of cs, how long do i have to wait before i can have them

Irving, TX |
Attorney answers 4


If your case was a felony, then you must wait five years from the date of your dismissal. If your case is a misdemeanor, then you can petition the court for a nondisclosure (sealing) immediately.

The above answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is general to anyone, and is not intended to be advice to anyone's specific situation. You should consult an attorney immediately concerning your legal issue. The information provided is not intended to be relied upon as a final or conclusive solution to your situation.


I agree with Mr. Carroll. Why not schedule a consultation with a criminal defense lawyer in your area of the state to have this sorted out and make plans.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.


Five years from completion of a felony deferred to petition to have records sealed. Note that family violence deferred adjudications can't ever be sealed.
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
Austin Probation Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,


Although the law as changed with respect to cases of actual innocence. You must wait 5 years from the date of your deferred adjudication dismissal to petition the court for nondisclosure of your criminal history.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer