Skip to main content

I recently have received a ticket from LAPD for walking on the crosswalk? What options do I have in order to clear the ticket?

Lake Forest, CA |

I received ticket from LAPD for walking on crosswalk when red hand was blinking and 10 seconds were remaining. I had came to US 2 months ago and was not aware of fact that you should not start walking when red hand is blinking. Are there any options available in order to clear $197 ticket that I had received?

Thanks in advance

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Fight this ticket !



How to fight this ticket ?


Sorry to hear that you have been here such a short time and have already experienced the heavy handed approach of local law enforcement. It's really not the worst thing in the world other than being out of pocket. You will have to decide what it's worth to you to fight the ticket - if you go to court and the officer fails to show your case will be dismissed. On the other hand, do the math, if you spend the time to travel to LA from Lake Forest and the cop shows up - would it have been cheaper just to pay the ticket? It's really a numbers game. I am not saying you can't fight and win, it's just a question of the value to you. Good luck to you.

This answer is for general informational purposes only and shall not constitute legal advice. I have answered a question on a public forum which does not establish any attorney-client relationship. For a more detailed legal analysis you should consult with a legal professional in your area.


It's an Infraction and doesn't affect your auto insurance or your criminal record. It's better to pay the ticket unless you have a reason to be in LA on the same day as the ticket.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Southern California Criminal Defense Attorney
(310) 707-7131

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer