Skip to main content

I received Greencard month back, 485 form had old attorney address and copy of welcome notice were returned back to uscis.

Omaha, NE |

I opened a SR with uscis to forward the notice and I received the copy and uscis changed online status to initial review and stated address is updated on file. Do I need worry about online status

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


The online status causes more issues than it solves. If you want to worry about every single update to it, be my guest. As an attorney, I seldom look at it.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


I agree with Counsel Ferrari. The online "update" is notoriously "un-updated." If you have questions, schedule an infopass appointment at USCIS in person and speak to an officer who can advise you about the specific status of your case. Best to hire an attorney to look into the matter - there are outstanding immigration attorneys in Omaha.

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.


Don't worry about this.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Get an attorney to help, so you get the most up to date information.

Most lawyers will give you a free consultation if you ask for one. We do this all the time, but remember that our time is valuable and you should stay with the people who help you the most.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer