I received a traffic citation and I cannot find the ticket online. . What does this mean?

Dallas, GA |

Most likely, and without knowing any more information:
(1) you are looking online too soon after the incident, and before its been entered into the records; OR (2) you are not looking on the proper website. Double-check to see if you are using the website for the court at which you are set to appear.

Thanks for reading my response to this question. If your found this answer "Helpful" or "The Best Answer" PLEASE MARK IT, because Avvo awards points. Thank you! Note that the questioner and any reader do not have an attorney-client relationship formed by our communications on this website. Advice given by me on this website is general advice based on partial information. You should not rely on any advice given without first hiring a lawyer in the area where the case is pending, and providing that lawyer with full information.

The cop may not have turned in the ticket yet, the clerk may not have entered it into the online system. Maybe they returned the ticket to the cop for his signature.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

You should consult a local Traffic Ticket Attorney who is familiar with the local court procedures - many offer free initial consultations

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

There could be many different reasons your citation is not online. Regardless, your arraignment date should be on the face of the citation, and you must appear at arraignment. If you do not appear at arraignment or pay the fine before that time, the court could issue a bench warrant for your arrest and suspend your driver's license.

Answers to questions on this web site are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Unless you and Troy W. Marsh, Jr. have signed a written contract, Troy W. Marsh, Jr. is not your attorney, and you are not his client. www.marshlaw1.com troy@marshlaw1.com

Most likely the ticket has not been turned in yet, or processed into the system. Either way you should go to court on your court date, and ask the prosecutor to reduce your charge to a non-reporting violation so the charge will not go on your driving record. It may be easier to pay the ticket online, but in the long run it is worth the extra time to keep the charge off of your driving history.

James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. Any answer given assumes the person who asked the question holds a Georgia Drivers License, and this license is not a commercial drivers license (CDL). This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.