Skip to main content

I received a ticket for rolling through a stop sign. I was nearly stopped but got a ticket.

Louisville, KY |

How can I avoid paying the 134.00 dollar court cost on a 20.00 dollar fine?
I was 95 percent stopped but the cop hiding behind the bushes startled me and I rolled through the stop sign before getting pulled over in a subdivision with no other traffic present.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Disregarding a traffic control device is a three point violation on your driver's license. Go to court and ask that the charge be amended to a non moving violation or that you be referred to traffic school to avoid the points. You will still have to pay the court costs and a fee to attend the DOT program.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


This is excellent advice by Mr. Mascagni. You will also find any number of local traffic lawyers at the hearing who would be willing to assist you. It doesn't hurt to ask one of them what they think they can do to help you out and what they will charge. They also get to plead their cases first so you don't have to wait for your case to be called if your time is worth it. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer