Skip to main content

I received a ticket for an accident that wasn't my fault. What are my chances of getting out of the ticket?

Mcdonough, GA |

I was driving behind an 18 wheeler (cab only). As we proceeded through the traffic light (the truck driver still in front of me) I got over in the left lane. The driver then got over in the same left lane. He stalled once he got over (as if he didn't know where he was going) so i proceeded to get over in the far left ln. (there are 2 left turning lanes.) As I am getting over in the far left ln., the truck driver attempts to make a u-turn in the middle of the road, catching the front passenger fender of my car in the process. We had to move from the position of the accid. because of the traffic. Once the police got there, he briefly asked me what happened and then asked if we could move out of the road because of the traffic. I ended up getting the ticket (improper passing).

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


i suggest you retain an attorney to represnt you to challenge the arrest.

Any response given is not to be taken as legal advice or to create an attorney client relationship.


Consult an attoreny who defends against traffic tickets.


Having the police write the ticket based on observations and conclusions at the very time of the accident does create a hurdle, but it is not insurmountable. It will take some work by an attorney to help you present a good case. Evidence and witnesses will need to be secured quickly so don't delay in contacting an attorney who handles traffic court cases possibly with some auto accident experience. Good luck.

Law Office of Sidney Weinstein
Atlanta, Georgia Accident Injury Attorney

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of the Law Office of Sidney Weinstein, pursuant to an executed fee agreement, you should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. Sidney Weinstein,, (404) 522-3108.


I would suggest pleading not guilty and explaining to the judge exactly what happened. Or, you may want to retain a traffic or criminal lawyer to represent you. Good luck.

Disclaimer: This response is provided to you for educational and informational purposes only and no attorney-client relationship has been created hereby. Other attorneys may have different opinions or responses. If you found this response helpful, please indicate that to Avvo. Thank you.


You should immediately consult with a local attorney about defending the traffic ticket, moreover with a personal injury attorney if you sustained injuries.


You'll want to speak to a lawyer in your area that handles traffic cases.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.


Best bet is to spend a couple hundred bucks for a traffic lawyer, as your chances of a successful outcome increase exponentially.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


You have some good advice, it is easier now to hire a traffic attorney to help you fight your charges than it is once you have been found guilty of the charges. So call and speak with some traffic lawyers quickly.

Good luck.


This response is for general information only, no attorney client privilege has been established by this communication.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer