I received a DUI in Mississippi with a Florida Drivers license. FL has revoked my license till i get an interlock.

Lancaster, NY |

My husband is in the military & we were stationed in Germany right after my DUI suspension was up. I was not able to get said interlock because Germany does not enforce them. We are finally back in the states, & I have been without a license for almost 3 years now. I was wondering if I could file a civil lawsuit against the FL DMV?

You will have to speak to a Florida attorney but this should be able to be resoved without a lawsuit.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Ive spoke to about 15 different FL lawyers, only one would touch the case. He said that even if we took the DMV to court & won the case, the DMV could still do whatever they want with my license because they are their own entity. So now im wondering if I can take the DMV to court for compensation for the emotional damage my family has endured from this issue. (My husband went to Afghanistan not long after my arrival in Germany, I was pregnant & couldnt get to my doctors appts, he was injured downrange, we came back stateside, he couldnt get car insurance, ect..)

I don't thi k you need to file a lawsuit. Contact the DMV and see if it could be resolved if not then contact an attorney.

The DMV will not resolve the issue till I get the interlock. (Since we are back in the states, I will finally be able to get the interlock, but i need my car which is in shipment from Germany.) I would like compensation for the emotional strain the state of Florida has given my family & I. (My husband went to Afghanistan not long after my arrival in Germany, I was pregnant & couldnt get to my doctors appts, he was injured downrange, we came back stateside, he couldnt get car insurance, ect..)

No, you need to retain Florida counsel to figure this stuff out.

What is a Florida Counsel?

Michael J Palumbo

Michael J Palumbo

Hire a Florida lawyer.

I tried to, only one would deal with our case, but that was to fight the license. I was wondering if I could even file a civil lawsuit against the DMV, then maybe a FL lawyer would be able to help us?

Michael J Palumbo

Michael J Palumbo

Anyone can sue anybody, and if you are willing to pay $400.00 an hour any lawyer will take the case. All you need though is to retain counsel to advise you on what you need to do in order to comply with the Florida regulations in order to get your Florida privileges back and get a license. It's much simpler, cheaper and to the point. Or, you can shoot a mouse with an elephant gun :)

Ok, thank you! :)