Skip to main content

I received a disturbing the peace citation in Merriam, Kansas. What is the usual penalty for this type of citation?

Shawnee Mission, KS |

This was received due to me screaming for my friend to come up to my apartment, and was surprised when the cops showed up 2-3 minutes later. They wrote the citation for me and realized it was nothing serious happening and said I have this court date in a month or so.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It is possible to receive a fine of up to $500,00 and a sentence of 30 days in the county jail for a disorderly conduct. It is worth speaking with an attorney to see if you can avoid a conviction on the charge. Do not speak with anyone other than your attorney about the facts of what happened. Anything you say to anyone else could be used against you.

Legal disclaimer: Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, This answer is intended to provide general information about the justice system. It does not provide legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. It does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Legal advice requires more communication and information than is possible in this format. Many important considerations and factors need to be investigated and discussed before an attorney could give legal advice about this issue. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication.