Skip to main content

I received a "Fix-it ticket" for red headlights.

Colorado Springs, CO |

I purchased the car as is and was cited to appear in court. This incident occurred the evening before I was scheduled to relocate to CA. The officer issuing the ticket told me that I would be able to change my court date over the phone. When I tried to call the court they informed me that rescheduling over the phone was not possible. I then conducted a "Plea by Mail" to the DA and that was rejected. I have since been issued a bench warrant for a "Failure to Appear". I am currently seeking employment in the CA area and this issue is proving to be a serious hinderance. I am seeking consultation as to what my options are at this time. Is there a way to have my warrant quashed? Thank you for all the help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Yes. If you hire a local traffic attorney, they can file a motion to quash, request to appear on your behalf and hopefully resolve the issue without you having to come back to CO and appear in court. While there is no guarantee, it is definitely possible and you should consider hiring someone to address this issue for you.

The Orr Law Firm, L.L.C - 303-818-2448 - Is Colorado's Premier DUI and Criminal Traffic Defense Law Firm. Rhidian Orr is the senior partner and owner of the firm and focuses his practice exclusively to DUI and criminal traffic matters in the state of Colorado. His decision to answer your questions does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. The Orr Law Firm offers FREE Consultations and we encourage that you contact his firm to discuss your case in more detail.


Mr. Orr is absolutely correct, as usual. I recommend attorneys Clifton Black, Norm Thom, Steve Katzman, and David Foley in Colorado Springs. As a former judge and former prosecutor, I have NO idea why the Court refused to reschedule your court date and refused the plea by mail. That is highly unusual. Understand that you might have just run into a cranky judge or cranky clerk. Even as judges, we used to refer to crabby clerks as having the "tyranny of the clerk" as they can make defendants, attorneys, and even judges lives difficult. Call one of the attorneys I recommended - they should be on Avvo - and tell them that I sent them to you and they will help you. Good luck

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer