Skip to main content

I received 2 receipt notice for my I-751

Boston, MA |

I received 2 receipt notice for my I-751, each with a different receipt number, but both with my name and Alian number. Is that normal? Does the second voids the first?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes it is go figure. Use the second receipt number, the first one has your status extended for 1 year but the second receipt number is the one you can use to track your application online or via their 1800 customer service number.


I agree. Use the second receipt number to track the status of your application online. - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.


I agree with my colleagues.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer