Skip to main content

I receive statements, sherriff sale notice from county tax that was dischared on my bankruptcy case. What can I do?

Detroit, MI |

I had a bankruptcy case dischared in Dec 2008, which listed city/county taxes from a investment home. The home has been foreclosed & is also listed in the bankrupcy. The county is still sending me the notice of sheriff sale and the payment statmnts. I sent a copy of the discharged case by certified mail. Is there anything else I can do? Is this deemed as harrassment?

+ Read More

Filed under: Tax law
Attorney answers 2


Check with your bankruptcy attorney about this debt - usually taxes are not discharageable.


You should contact your bankruptcy attorney to see if this was listed as discharged. You can also contact the county and let them know that the taxes were listed on your bankruptcy file.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer