I rear ended someone and I have no insurance in Chattanooga, TN. What can I expect in court?

Chattanooga, TN |

The wreck happened on 1/25/11.
I messed up the other drivers car badly, my car is just fine.
It was raining and my brakes locked up and just went sliding into her rear end.
Is there anyway to get the court date pushed back or at an earlier date?
My court date is March 8th at 5:00 P.M.

Call the courthouse.

Click on the name of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

I am a Texas-licensed lawyer and not familiar with Tennessee procedure. However, you will probably need to file a motion for continuance or ask the court clerk/coordinator to move the hearing.

You or your attorney would have to try to get the date changed. Normally they will not move them up. Is it a criminal or civil court date?

you need to contact the courthouse.