Skip to main content

I re-injured my back from a fall at work. The back injury was at work also. My Dr has advised me to see a neurologist.

Salt Lake City, UT |

Do I have to go through my adjuster to use the dr they recommend? Also I don’t get along with
her at all can I ask for another adjuster. She talk’s with my supervisor and he tells her everything I say about her.

I just don’t feel that’s very professional. She’s said some really rude comments also. About me personally and my job . Why my company hired me back with my disability.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Just call the adjuster and tell her that you doctor is referring you to a neurologist and you are going to make an appointment. It is probably a good idea to talk with a local worker’s comp. attorney ASAP.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


Maybe you should stop smack-talking the Adjuster at work, if you know your boss is parroting everything you say.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.


In Utah, the workers compensation insurer can require you to use their doctor for the first visit only. If you insist on using your own doctor, you may be responsible for some portion of the treatment cost.
As far as the adjuster, the insurance company is not required to assign someone to your claim that you get along with. However, it may be worth a call or letter asking for a different adjuster. Often, your request will be granted.
Nothing in this answer is intended to be taken as legal advice, which would require a thorough understanding of the circumstances in your particular case. If you need further assistance, you should speak with a qualified attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer