Skip to main content

I qualify for the Dream Act, how and where do I sign up?

Austin, TX |

I'm 15, I'm currently in high school and I qualify for the Dream Act. No criminal record and been here for 6 years. I would like to get a social security # for me so I can be able to work next year in order to save for college and get a driver's license. Do I need to go fill out forms or something? If yes, where?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Make an appointment with an immigration attorney in a few weeks when the instructions as to how to proceed are clearer. You will absolutely need to "fill out forms" and send in documentation. See an attorney to make sure you do it right. Good Luck.


They are going to release more information on how to apply within the next 60 days. You should speak with and retain an immigration attorney to help with the process.
Nick Misiti

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You can read about it at According to the announcement the policy is effective immediately, however USCIS will not start accepting applications until August. See a lawyer before you do anything to understand what is at stake. You need to discuss the risks, given that everything may change in November.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.


wait until uscis publishes the regulations. you qualify but there is no mechanism for applying yet. i am telling my clients to wait until july 15 to come see me. tom

The advice that I give in each answer or legal is not intended to take the place of an in person consultation. A complete answer takes an in depth interview. After all, it is a life that is at stake. If you are in another city that I do not service ask me and I might be able to recommend you an attorney there. In general, in Houston, I recommend Adan Vega or Bruce Coane, Specialists. In Dallas I recommend Richard Fernandez or Yong Wood highly skilled and experienced.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer