Skip to main content

I purchased clinique 3 step and it messed up my skin. Do I have a case? I would like to hire an attorney.

Hartwell, GA |
Attorney answers 4


You should absolutely retain an attorney. The area of law is called "product liability".

RCW 7.72 expresses the current state of statutory law regarding product liability in the State of Washington.
Case law from the courts can clarify the product liability cause of action. McKenna v. Harrison Memorial Hosp., 92 Wn. App. 119, 960 P.2d 486 (1998) (You can read appropriate cases on the MRSC website.)
Federal law can also sometimes be applicable to a products liability case.
The basic question is whether the product was not "reasonably safe."

[In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.]


Yes, you may have a claim. You can find attorneys in your area by searching among the profiles here on Avvo. In the meantime, take photos.

Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.


You may have a case. For example, I obtained a 200k settlement for a man whose skin was hypopigmented by a hair dye. The president of the company flew to my office and made the offer to avoid damage to his brand. Contact a local lawyer to represent you. Good luck.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Only 29% fee deducted.

Lassen Law Firm
1515 Market St #1510
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755


You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.