Skip to main content

I plead not guilty to a hit and run I committed.

Neche, ND |

I hit a car one night and drove away but there was a witness that saw it. I live out of town, by 1400 km and it would be a pain to schedule a trip to go to court. I have a court date set for May 23rd and I can't afford to hire someone to be there to represent me. I would like to call a prosecutor and plead guilty and pay the fine. Is it too late to do so? Do I have no choice but to go to court?

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and the hit and run happened in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Also, is there a number I can get quoted for the fine?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I would suggest that you contact a criminal lawyer and consult with the lawyer. You want to make sure that you are doing the right thing.


Get a local attorney and go to court to fight it.


You need a criminal defense attorney that deals with car accident cases.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer