Skip to main content

I plan to file for divorce when our lease is up. If my husband won't leave the home, what other legal ways can i have him removd

Sicklerville, NJ |

we have a lease that will be renewed around april of 2014. i'm certain he won't leave on his own and i have a son who will be a jr in high school. i would like to stay in the home so he can continue to attend the school he is at. we just moved in to this rental in may. we needed 3774.00 to move in and he contributed 800.00. i would like to know if i have any other options if he won't go voluntarily.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I would consult a lawyer about your options. This is not a good forum to seek this type of specific legal advice and there is no such thing as lawyer/client confidentiality here.

DISCLAIMER: This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not legal advice unless you have entered into a fee agreement with the Law Office of Anthony J. Van Zwaren, P.C. and have paid the required fees. The information contained in this email may be privileged. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information contained within it by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments from your system and notify us.


Generally speaking, both parties have a legal right to remain in the home pending a final judgment of divorce. There are exceptions, however, you should consult with an attorney to discuss the details an specific facts of your situation. Please see the attached article regarding the divorce process to get you started:

The information provided is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. This information is designed for general information only. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your specific situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and emails. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.


You can seek for a court to require him to leave, absent any domestic violence but you didn't mention any such acts.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer