Skip to main content

I paid for 3 acres about 15 years ago from my dad, but he still will not give me a deed or title to the land what can i do.

Jonesville, MI |

what i want to know is what rights do i have to the land. Because he likes to hold it over my head that he still owns the land, and no i have not paid any taxes on the land, because i can't see paying for whats not mine.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


For some reason, your question was duplicated. Please refer to my other answer. I think you have a mess and may need an attorney to straighten this out.

James Frederick

*** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state.



Actually it wasn't duplicated, I had not remembered to add the fact that i have a signed land contract. I is signed by both of my parents and notorised.


Your question has far too many missing facts. land have house or vacant? if house, occupied? why did so much time go by?
Main problem will be statute of frauds if there is no written agreement for the sale of land. Even if you have a writing the statute of limitations is 6 years from the date of the breach. You're probably out of luck so be nice to your dad and he'll soften up. or not.

The above answer is generalized reply to an question and is not intended to be legal advice or establish an attorney-client relationship with you. If necessary you should meet with an attorney and provide the attorney with all relevant documents and get an attorney opinion or advice on your situation.


A most excellent attorney right there on Chicago St. in Jonesville. I suggest you make an appointment with her for a brief consult. Bring any paperwork, if you have it.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer