Skip to main content

I owned Med-Cal a large amount of restitution fee. After my parole discharge, can I have a settlement with Med-Cal. How?

Monrovia, CA |

I owned Med - Cal a large amount of restitution fee . After my parole discharge , can I have a settlement with Med - Cal . How ? Monrovia , CA The Med - Cal paid money to hospital for the expense my victim spend while she hospitalized . The Judge fine me a large amount of restitution fee to pay Med - Cal which I never could pay off . After my parole discharge , it will become a civil judgement , at that time could I have a settlement with Med - Cal .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Restitution is a set amount by the court. You have the right to a restitution hearing if you believe the amount of the ordered restitution is not correct you can set up a hearing for a judge to decide what the correct amount should be. If the restitution becomes a civil judgment against you they may settle the amount by would not be required to. It all depends on what the creditor would be looking for.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at