Skip to main content

I own a motorcycle but someone else drive it who should insure it?

Lafayette, LA |

If the person that is driving it gets into an accident will I be responsible

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You could be responsible if the motorcycle is in your name and someone riding it has an accident.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.

John K Lassen

John K Lassen


You have a great website: Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers


In Louisiana the owner of a vehicle registered in this state must have the minimum liability insurance on the vehicle of 15,000.00. Also, if you own the vehicle I would assume you would want to have the vehicle insured for property damage so that you can get reimbursed by the insurance company in case it is damaged. So, its best that the owner have a policy of insurance on the vehicle. You can add the driver as an insured to the policy as well. Who then pays for the insurance is between you two. But I would want my property insured, and have the minimum liability limits required by law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer