Skip to main content

I Overstayed For Issues Beyond My Control. What Proof Should I Bring To Enhance My Chances In Getting Th SB-1 Visa.

Reston, VA |

1.I Left The U.S. In 2010 With A Permit For 6 Months.
2.I Overstayed Because I Was Not Physically Able To Get On A Airplane and Travel.(I Have The Medical Documents.)
3.My Passport Was Stolen.(I Have The Police Report.)

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Depends for how long you overstayed. Up to 5 months with good explanation can be excused in a discretion of the consulate


I agree with my colleague.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.


Depends on how long you overstayed for. You may be able to overcome this but more details are needed to know for sure.



Facts: My Paperwork Was Done By A Organization Called Tahirah Justice Center. And It Is Only A Few Months Ago They Sent Me An E-Mail Saying My Greencard Is Still In Their Office.From There,They Sent It To An Uncle Of Mine Who Lives In Maryland And From There Who Sent It To Me Through DHL To Here Dakar,Senegal The Problem Is Never Received My Green Card Physically Until A Few Months Ago. That's Why I Couldn't Apply For The SB-1 Visa(And I Have E-mail's) To Prove It. I've Been Out Of The U.S. For 2 Years And Some, Mostly Caused Because Of My Injury And My Green card That I Did Not Have Physically.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer