Skip to main content

I over stay my visa

Los Angeles, CA |

My friend over stay her visa. She went back 2 months to renew her visa, but her visa was denied because she over stay. Now I want to know if she marries her USC boyfriend would she be able to fix her legal status or would their be problems.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


She should not have any problems if she overstayed less than 180 days and the marriage is genuine. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney for the best approach to bring her back.


I agree with my collegue. If she did not over stay 180 days or more there should not be a problem (usually). I would have a lawyer review this to be sure.


The answer to this question will depend on how long your/your friend overstayed. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for case specific advice.

Sent from my iPad

While written by an attorney who is a Florida Bar Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law, the statements herein should not be construed as legal advice. No attorney/client relationship has been created without a formal consultation with the attorney and the attorney has agreed to accept your case.


It depends on the length of the overstay.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer