Skip to main content

I ordered Veggie Pizza from Pizza Hut .. and it had a piece of meat in it .. can i sue them ?

Overland Park, KS |

I ordered Veggie Pizza from Pizza Hut .. and it had a piece of meat in it .. can i sue them ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6

Best Answer

No, but you should be able to get a full refund and perhaps some coupons. Honestly, you'd be better off eating something healthy, as opposed to greasy processed food.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


You can, but what damages do you intend to recover? It is likely that your suit would be unsuccessful, and would cost more to pursue than you would ever recover in damages. I would recommend contacting Pizza Hut and asking them to fix the problem for you.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.


Anyone can sue anyone. Sometimes the damages arent big enough to make it economically feasible to proceed. You dont say anything about injury or any type of damage to you. If you prefer not to air it on this site (which is understandable), seek a confidential consult with a local atty to talk about the case.


As a former vegetarian, you and I both know that this sort of thing happens every day. Order a vegetarian meal and the know-it-alls in the back room, who 'know' meat is the king of foods, slip in some meat broth, chopped meat or whatever they can find. No, they shouldn't. But, it's the way it is. If you're actually serious about eating healthy, read "Fast Food Nation", E. Schlosser, 2002.

Here's the answer to your question "CAN I SUE?" [Blue-Link-Below]

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.


Probably not unless you suffered an injury.



You potentially could have claims under the Kansas Consumer Protection
Act, for negligence, and possibly even for products liability. However,
you would have to prove that you suffered injuries and damages due to
the piece of meat being present. Unless you had a major allergic
reaction due to the presence of the meat I suspect that you would spend
more money investigating and pursuing the claim than you would ever

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer