Skip to main content

I obtained a attorney in June to obtain visitation/custody, today by letter I was informed she is no longer w/the firm now what?

Anoka, MN |

We had 1 court appearance and the judge suggested mediation. Our original date Aug 5 was pushed out to Oct 5, I emailed her and left messages, no response and now she is no longer with the firm. I am very frustrated, I got no where and now I have to start all over?? I want to see MY daughter without supervision. The mother of my daughter will only allow me to see our daughter at her parents house where she resides, I can only stay in the living room while her Mother supervises me. I am not allowed to take her for a walk or anything. I am NOT court ordered to pay support altho I am voluntarily sending $300 to the county. I am the one who filed the papers. I need help and a good referral to a attorney that will fight for me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Hello. You sound like a particularly loving father. This website does not make referrals. Do phone an attorney to make arrangements for representation for you. Some attorneys will consider your finances in legal fee. Regarding the attorney who failed to communicate with you, you may address that matter, too. All the best to you and your daughter.

Twin Cities & St. Cloud, Minnesota licensed attorney, Tricia Dwyer, Esq.: Phone 612-296-9666, CHILD CUSTODY & PARENTING TIME LAW, PARENTING TIME EXPEDITOR, FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE LAW, DIVORCE MEDIATOR, FAMILY LAW MEDIATOR, POST-DIVORCE LAW, Rule 114 Qualified Neutral, Minnesota Supreme Court Roster Mediator, Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC, Phone: 612.296-9666 - EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR until 8 p.m. daily.


The letter should indicate whether the firm or the attorney is withdrawing or what they intend to do with your case. If your attorney is withdrawing and the firm is not substituting another attorney in their firm in her place. This site is not for specific referrals, but you can likely find many good attorneys on this site. All the best to you!

Sara Rojas

I appreciate your endorsements! If you "agree," or found this response "helpful," please mark it as so. You can contact The Law Offices of Sara M. G. Rojas, PLLC or find out more information about us and the services we offer using any of the following: phone or fax- 612-206-3722; postal mail- 310 Fourth Avenue South, Suite 5010, Minneapolis, MN 55415; email-; web- Disclaimer: Nothing in this response constitutes legal advice or creates an attorney-client relationship. You should always consult with a local attorney regarding your specific legal circumstances. Answers posted on Avvo are intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. In particular, my answers and those of others are not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation about your specific legal issues, with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. You should not rely solely upon this website, or other resources which may be linked to an answer in addressing your legal issues. Questions and answers, or other postings to the Avvo site, are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege. The full Avvo Terms of Use are set forth at . In addition, while similar legal principles often apply in many states, I am only licensed to practice in the State of Minnesota and the U.S. District of Minnesota. Any general information I provide about non-Minnesota laws should be verified with an attorney licensed to practice in your state.


See answers in other post as well.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

Matthew Thomas Majeski

Matthew Thomas Majeski


Edit: I apologize, wrong post.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer