Skip to main content

I no longer want to go to the interview with my husband. the interview is next week august 1 2013, and i do not want to go.

Medford, MA |

I know i can cancel it, online and over the phone.
My lawyer dont know that i want to cancel, and im not planning to tell her until i do it.
How can i do to cancel the interview. ( online) i just want to request another date.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should make an INFOPASS at the District office as the file is likely already there. You should also contact the 800 Customer Service # for USCIS to reschedule. I would encourage you to discuss this with your lawyer though as you don't want to be charged for the time she has set aside to accompany you plus she is your legal advisor. If you don't like or trust the lawyer, then find another one.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
Fax: (619) 923-3277

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law


If the case is accidentally denied due to no-show, you may be referred to immigration court, so make sure an attorney with knowledge of your local office handles the reschedule request.

Former USCIS and Department of State Embassy Officer -- Khurgel Immigration Law Firm -- 4199 Campus Drive, Suite 550 Irvine, CA 92612. Email: Office: (949) 509-6515 Direct: (949) 535-6331 Fax: (949) 509-6599. Kindly note that this blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is simply an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


You have to tell your lawyer. It is highly unethical for you as a human being to hide this information from your attorney. It is also highly dishonest.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.