Skip to main content

I neen to know how to get my case overturned

Dallas, TX |

i was con viected but not indieted my lawyer said when we were in court not to worry he'd take care of it but now he will not re turn my calls

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If your case is a felony in Texas, you cannot be convicted unless a Grand Jury first indicted you. If your case is a misdemeanor, an indictment is not necessary. If you want to appeal your conviction, you need to hire an appellate attorney to review the record. If you cannot find one on Avvo, feel free to contact my office for a referral.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


You should contact an attorney who regularly handles appeals so he or she can review the record and determine what should be done.


My old Austin friend Sam Bassett is correct. You need to be talking with a lawyer who handles criminal appeals.

You also would be within the bounds of what is acceptable client behavior to drop by the office of the lawyer who will not return your calls and ask to speak with him or her, and if refused, ask for an appointment to do that. When doing so, please remember that one gets farther being businesslike and calm that when one goes in with a confrontational attitude.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.