Skip to main content

I need to reschedule my US citizenship appointment.

Cleveland, OH |

My citizenship interview is in next 15 days. but i have to go to a different state after 10 days and i will be out for months. i really dont know when i will be back. i cannot come back for interview. is it possible to ask them to reschedule for interview early in the next 10 days.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes, but you'll be rescheduled to another interview within 1-2 months and if you fail to show up for a total of 3 interviews your N-400 case will be cancelled and you will lose your filing fee you paid.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


You are in a tough situation. You can ask them to reschedule, but they probably will not be able to reschedule during the next 10 days. If I were you, I would schedule an InfoPass and go to the USCIS Cleveland office. Explain your situation, give them a change of address (where you will be living temporarily), and ask them to reschedule AFTER you get back. If you are planning to be gone more than 3 months, you should suggest to them that they process your change of address and transfer your file to that new location. Two of the officers at the CLE window are pretty helpful. They might figure something out for you.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.


I suggest you do not do that. DO the interview, finish it and then go on with your life.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


If possible go to the interview. If you cannot go make an InfoPass appointment and go to CIS and explain your situation and ask for a reschedule.

Robert Brown LLC
1468 W. 9th Street, Suite 800
Cleveland, Ohio 44113