Skip to main content

I need to know which state to file a subpoena in? I have a case open in Pima County, but an investigation was performed in NV...

Tucson, AZ |

I currently have a SP case open in pima county, my daughter reported allegations to me about her father while she was in las vegas. Las Vegas Police performed an investigation with interviews and so forth. I obtained a one page incident report from Las Vegas, but I want a more detailed report of everything from interviews, medical examines, the whole investigation to present to the Judge in Pima County. Who do file a subpoena with? Can I file it with Pima County to subpoena for records from Las Vegas Police department, or do I go through the whole process with filing a petition with Clark County, and subpoena, just to obtain the investigation records to present to court in Pima? I want these records because Tucson Police never did their own investigation on the allegations.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1



This response is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, nor is it given as legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always consult with a licensed attorney regarding the specifics of your particular case.

Brian Petersen

Brian Petersen


Subpoenas are typically only available if a lawsuit or criminal action has been initiated. If you just want the records you can file a Freedom of Information Act Request (FOIA) with the police department or a public records request with the police department.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer