Skip to main content

I need to know if immigration passed the law about if an illegal immigrant is married to a citizen and they get few time in mex

Dallas, TX |

i am married to and illegal immigrant and i want to put in a petition to get his residents card.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It is never advisable to rely on the media for opinions as to changes in immigration law. Congress is going to have great difficulty under the current political mood to agree to any chnages in immigration law that will result in any amnesty for specific groups. You can always check on the USCIS website for recent developments in immigration legislation and or the Department of Justice web site as such locations have content provided directly by the Federal Government and or its agencies.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.


There is no new law and none are currently being considered in Congress. You might be referring to a change is policy which would permit those that qualify for waivers to wait in the US while the waiver is being processed, and to only have to leave the US once the waiver has been processed. That policy has not yet been implemented.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree with both attorneys, but if you hear something in the media, it is always best to contact an immigration attorney who should be up on the law

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at