Skip to main content

I need to know if I have a lawsuit against the Manufacturers of Phenobarbital.

Greensboro, NC |

I was prescribed the drug as a child for seizures that were caused by getting the Flu shot and MMR shot at the same time. Both are incubated in egg yolk which I'm allergic to. The medication destroyed the enamel on my teeth, called Amelogenisis imperfecta, as a child and an adult. I'm 27 now and my teeth are falling out. What can I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Consult with a local medical malpractice/products liability lawyer. I'm not aware of any pending litigation concerning this drug. Again, consult with a local lawyer to determine your options under North Carolina law. You may have an issue with the statue of limitations. Good luck.



Its not in North Carolina, it would be in Philadelphia. Thats where I was raised and where the medication was prescribed. I live in North Carolina. So would I have to look under Pennsylvania law?


Retain a local defective lawyer who will ascertain whether the product was unreasonably dangerous; whether side effects were not disclosed; whether the manufacturer knew or should have known that the product would cause these effects; whether the product was designed for long term use.



Should I get a defective lawyer down here or in Philadelphia since that is where the drug was prescribed?

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer