Skip to main content

I need to give a power of attorney to my brother so he can conduct business , purchsssing realestate and get aproval

Homestead, FL |

Im in another state , i like my brother to act on my behlfn purchasing the realestate and selling /apply for the exemption /be able to turn on the utiities etc..
what kinda of power of attorney do i need to give him?
and could a parallegle prepre the power of attorney documents?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If I were in your position, I would probably give my brother a limited power of attorney empowering him to do all things necessary to consummate the intended transactions and secure applicable utility services etc. A paralegal might be able to do this, but if you want to do everything you can to ensure your brother will be able to undertake all needed tasks, it would be best to have it prepared by an attorney experienced in real estate transactions. This information is subject to the disclaimer below. Best of luck to you.

This is general information based upon limited facts, should not be construed as legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. The author is licensed in Indiana and Ohio attorney only.


Power of attorney documents do not cost very much and many Law offices have flat fees.
You should use an attorney to draft this important document.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.


It is highly recommended that you go through an attorney to have the power of attorney prepared and properly executed. If a paralegal does it, they could get in trouble for the unlicensed practice of law. Attorneys typically charge a flat fee to prepare a power of attorney and it's usually not that expensive. It is worth well worth the money to go through an attorney so that you know it has been done properly.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer