Skip to main content

I need to find out when should we apply for his green card ,soon after ill get divorce or only after ill be citizen?

Jamaica, NY |

im a permanet green card older and can applay to my citizen only in september this year also still waiting for my final divorce in a few months from my ex .my fiance is on a tourist visa that expire in almost a month and he is staying here ,we about to have a baby in a month soon,i know first we have to extend his tourist visa cause its not god if he applay for green card if he was eligal at any time

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You must wait till your divorce is final and I suggest you file after you naturalize. I also suggest you retain the services of an immigration attorney to assist you. Good luck.

The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more detailed information or to schedule a consultation please contact our office at (718) 924-2896.


That is a decision only you can make. You must be married in order to file.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


First get divorce, Recommended to become a US citizen. Consult with immigration attorney for a complete evaluation.

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Call (212)880-1538 for detailed evaluation of your case. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore, You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. Visit us at WWW.USIMMIGRATIONPLUS.COM Contact Immigration Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016