Skip to main content

I need to find out if my exwife has obtained passports for my children, how do I do this?

Catlett, VA |

I have sole custody of my 3 children and my exwife gets 2 weeks in the summer with them. She has mentioned taking them to Canada. I know that you need a passport to get into Canada and need to find out if she has gotten them passports. How do I find out?

I guess my question is...Can she get passports for them without my consent?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can try looking here:

Good Luck and if you need further information, feel free to contact me.
NOTE: If you find this response helpful, please click on the “thumbs up” button at the bottom.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision & should not be based solely upon advertisements. This site presents general information & is not intended as legal advice. Accessing this page, & any interior pages, is a request for information. That notwithstanding, nothing on these pages, or on any pages linked to these pages, shall be construed as legal advice, nor shall anything on these pages by itself operate to create an attorney/client relationship. An attorney/client relationship cannot be created before the firm has accepted the representation. Acceptance cannot occur before the firm engages you with services & runs a conflict check & your have been notified that you are a client of the law office by email or other written means. Please do not make legal decisions without first having a direct one on one consultation with a Virginia Attorney or an Attorney in you area that knows the relevant facts of your case. &
[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]


She cannot get a passport without your authorization through lawful means.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer