I need to find an attorney to take my civil case. With a lawsuit against walmart. How much will I have to pay to hire someone

Jacksonville, FL |

I was harassed and made to go in a room with three men that were employees of walmart claiming I stole a coke.

It depends.

You may have a claim for false imprisonment or false arrest if you were detained against your will. Even if you do have such a claim, your damages may be fairly limited. If they just kept you in a room for a short while, then yes, you could pursue a case, but you would not have significant damages. If, however, they kept you in a room for hours, interrogated you and assaulted you, then you obviously have a much stronger claim.

In short, it depends on the facts.

Jonathan Pollard

My response to this question is a response to a hypothetical situation based on limited facts. I am not your attorney; you are not my client and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. If you need a lawyer, you should contact one in your area. If you would like to talk with me about your case, you can call my office.

Attorneys typically take this type of case on a contingent basis (which means they get paid by keeping a portion of any settlement received). Contact a personal injury attorney in the Jacksonville area. Most will give a free consultation. Whether or not an attorney wants to schedule a meeting with you will help you get a measure of the strength of your case.