Skip to main content

I need to fill out CA DMV Form REg 5 and REG 256. I paid off my sister's car a few years ago after she passed away and am

San Diego, CA |

trying to get title to the vehicle. She has one living child, however, he had not money to pay off the vehicle, so I did it. I have been told he needs to sign off on the forms, but I cannot locate him. I have tried, but can't, he doesn't have a cell phone, hold down a job, and has a drug problem. How do I submit these forms if I cannot locate him. Under probabte law, section 13100 he is the rightful heir I believe.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to ask a probate attorney. I placed you in the probate section.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.


This question appears to have absolutely NOTHING to do with a DUI. Contact a probate attorney.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555

Avvo DUI email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and legal advice about DUIs.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer