Skip to main content

I need some help with my workers comp

Flushing, NY |

I'm 23 years old female and three years ago I got a back injury at my job. Last year I re injured it and again this year. I can't bend our lift our stand for a long time which is what my job is. I went to a doctor that my job sent me to and they tell me I can't work. But then the insurance sends me to another doctor saying I could work. I did a MRI and and the doctor told me i have a herniated disk on my L5-S1 and a cyst as well as sciatica because the pain travels to my legs. I don't know what to do at this point because I can't go back to my job and looking for another job they each want you to be able to lift up to 50 pounds stand and bend which I can't. My last lawyer that i had told me that the insurance would not settle with me and they did not even get in contact with them. Will my jobs insurance company settle with me?
PS. Both doctors that I have went to are from my insurance and one told me i can work and the other i can't.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Consult with a workmen's comp lawyer and await a hearing before the comp board.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


You need to have an atty working with you who primarily does workers compensation


Dear Madam:
You have switched lawyers; I hope you are using a person who specializes in workers' compensation law.

You cannot force the insurance company to settle; they will only settle if they are paying and foresee the prospect of paying you for a long time.

You didn't say if they are paying you. If your doctor says you are disabled and the IME says you are not, it is simple. Both doctors have to testify and the Judge makes a decision.

Good Luck

Leonard Feld
(formerly Auburndale Lane, Flushing)

The foregoing is based on the little information provided; additional facts may change the comments given.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer