Skip to main content

I need some good answers on an emergency c-section following a car accident...

Houston, TX |

Other driver's fault and I was pregant rushed to the E.R. and baby's heart rate had shyrocketed after recieving pain meds for back and neck...then had to have a blood transfusion and ultimately they delievered my daughter within 12 hours of the accident. I was 38 weeks pregnant baby is fine now...I have to get an mri has my chiro suspects lumbar strain or problem with my disc which will require therapy...My medical insurance payed 100% of my c-section because i had met my out of pocket deductible for the year prior. How is this handled? I just want a ballpark demand you would ask for? BTW the lady left me in the middle of the road with cars flying by while she pulled of into a parking lot and thankfully another lady stopped to help me...damage to the car was almost $7000.00.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The good news is that you have real rights and stand a decent chance in your claim. That includes the nightmare aspect of what you went through.

The bad news is that there is no credible chance of your being treated right by the insurance company if you try this one without an attorney.

Feel free to give us a holler if you'd like to talk about it. We handle cases all across Texas, and my associate is a nurse and an attorney, so we'd not overlook the medical issues in your case. But if you prefer somebody local, I know the folks you should contact, too.



I suggest you contact a personal injury attorney in your area to see whether or not they are able to undertake your representation. I think you will also find it helpful to review some of the Legal Guides I have published on, many of which deal with the situations you are now facing after this collision.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to ensure that proper advice is received.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer