Skip to main content

I need legal advice

Mineral Wells, TX |

I need lagal advice from an expert in Texas law. I am in Idaho and a couple of months ago my daughter and her husband were arrested on felony charges of child neglect and endangerment. My two grandchildren ages 18 months and 5 months were put in foster care and are under temperary custody of the state of Texas. I am working with Texas CPS to get my grandchildren back home to Idaho. I have never been in a situation like this before and am at a complete loss. My daughter is 20 years old and looking at 5 to life if she loses her trial which is set for sometime in January. Her husband was able to get out on bail and trying to put all the blame on my daughter even though he is as much if not more at fault as she is. For the past year my daughter and my grandchildren have been in an abusive situation that she is now coming out with. I have had my suspicions of this but when I confronted her she would try and protect him out of fear. She has a P.D. but he is in my opinion a dead-beat. I understand he has a big work load but he is not doing much of anything to meet with my daughter or answer any of her letters. I am not wealthy and unable to hire a private attorney in Texas on her behalf. I want to get to texas as soon as possible and help her and my grandchildren for I feel totally helpless in Idaho. Any advice would be appriciated. My daughter is in the Palo Pinto Sherriffs Department. The CPS in the city they were residing is Mineral Wells, TX. Thank you in advance.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Please for goodness sake, get a private attorney to contact CPS and try for a placement with you. If CPS were to terminate the parent-child relationship and the kids aren't with you- you will be so out of luck. Contact CPS. See if you came to Mineral Wells if it might facilitate a placement with you. Fight now. Don't wait. I had a case 7 yrs ago representing a lady from out of state who's daughter's rights were terminated and the kids placed with her boy friend's family. It was bad. She had waited too long - actually because no one bothered to tell her.

I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you would like to discuss this or other isues.


You really need an attorney in this situation. Request to intervene in the lawsuit, you as a grandparent can request custody of the children. There may be someone at the courthouse (Most Courthouses in Texas have self-help centers) to help you with finding the right forms for you to file. You might also call Legal Aid - Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid might help- they sometimes help individuals prepare forms for filing.

Getting your lawsuit filed guarantees you to address the court and seek relief. Ask for temporary placement of the children - explore your options and be aggressive!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer