Skip to main content

I need help with a cps case and custody.

Mesa, AZ |

my child has been placed ito tempory cusdody of her father due to accusations of child neglect

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You are outmatched and are up against a very tough opponent, CPS, who seemingly has unlimited resources to fight you in court.

Although the juvenile court will likely appoint you an attorney at no cost, expect that you will get what you paid for, maybe.

You should immediately seek the advice of a private attorney who specializes in juvenile law.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "HELPFUL" or "THE BEST ANSWER," PLEASE MARK IT SO AS AVVO AWARDS THE ATTORNEY POINTS. All attorneys providing answers on this site are donating their time and not financially compensated.

Information provided on this site does not constitute legal advice. Answers posted here are based on a very limited amount of information and are given without a conventional consultation. Information posted here should be valued accordingly. We offer free initial consultations that require completion of a questionnaire detailing your situation and a personal one-on-one attorney interview to provide qualified legal advice. The answers posted here might be completely different with more information.


You should have a court appointed attorney assigned to your case. Most parents in CPS cases in Arizona qualify for free counsel. If you are not satisfied with the attorney, you should quickly consider engaging an attorney who has handled many CPS cases and understands the complexities of the process. Best of luck. Here is a link to an article you might find helpful too:

This general information does not create an attorney client relationship between the questioner and the author. The internet is NOT a place to get 'legal advice'...although gathering general information is always helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer