Skip to main content

I need help i cant afford to pay my court cost and fines and dui school all requied and coming up soon

West Palm Beach, FL |

i was sentenced to jail on sept 28th after a refusal to blow dui trial, 30 days , 1500 court cost 1 year probation, 120days scram , etc, i was unemployed , i lost everything i own over this, i came out of jail pennyless i was on unemployment , i lost my job over the case, i now have a job im training for but have not been payed yet and will be moving, i can not pay all the fines that are coming up in time , scram cost me 280 a month , 55 probation , 1500 court cost at 240 a month , i dont wnat to be in violation but i dont have the money and im moving into a new apartment , so many expences, i would get a loan if i could , im trying to get my life back in order, the judge already moved my payments back 30 days , but i still dont have $, please can you help , thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Either try to borrow money from a friend or try to plead your case to the Judge. I would suggest the former over the latter.

Our office number is 561.266.9056. If you liked our response kindly vote it up. Thank You....Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational and entertainment purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice nor does it constitute an attorney-client relationship. Thank You


You need to sell or pawn whatever you can. You need to document your efforts to get a job and pay. Don't quit reporting. It's always best to pay even a little.

My answers are only intended as general legal advice based on my eighteen years as an Austin criminal defense and DUI attorney. They are not intended to be a binding legal opinion nor to create an attorney - client relationship. For those questions asked outside of Texas, there is no intent on my part to practice law in any other state There is no substitute for contacting a local attorney. Feel free to visit my website, .


The DUI School, Fines and Costs are all part of your Probation and failure to complete the school and pay same may cause a violation of your probation. Lack of funds for anything beyond the necessaries of life, ie. food and housing, can be a defense. You need to speak to your PO about your situation. What remains undone after probation expires will cause your drivers license to be suspended until paid/completed.

Ronald Slonaker, Attorney
Ocala, FL

This response is to provide general legal information and does not constitute legal advice nor should it be considered or viewed as forming any sort of attorney-client relationship and such information provided is viewable by the general public.