Skip to main content

I need help filling out my written response answer for a unlawful detainer i recieved on wednesday 11-06-2013.

Inglewood, CA |

I dont have enough money for a attorney and i really dont know how to fill the paperwork out on my own. Today is sunday and tommorow is a holiday and i have until tuesday 11-11-13 to file a response and i was wondering can i get it all done in that one day. Me and my fiance who lives here as well both were served with a ud, so would we need to fill out two seperate forms or can we use just one for the both of us?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Disclaimer: The materials provided below are informational and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

It would be best you can retain an attorney familiar with unlawful detainer (UD) laws and procedures to represent you in your defense. If you cannot afford an attorney, see if any of the pro bono organizations may be able to assist you. For example, try contacting Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles, Bet Tzedek, or Public Counsel (see web links below). If you and your fiance are being sued in the same UD action and you share some defenses, you can jointly file an answer or other responsive pleading. I hope this information is helpful and good luck to you .


Mr. Marshal is completely correct. You need an attorney to help you.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.


To succeed you'll need legal counsel on your side.