I need help

Bangor, MI |

i was wondering if you could help and or give me some tips .. on Friday night i was pulled over for not having a seat belt he took my license and ran my name he then asked me if he could check my car i allowed him to do so afterward he found a pipe that had some weed in it and found a small amount of weed also that didn't weigh more than a gram ... at the end he didn't arrest me he gave me a ticket for not wearing seat belt but he took the things he had found ... my question is what will happen next so i can prepare my self for it?

He will probably submit a report to the prosecutor's office and they will then decide to press charges or not.

There is a chance (probably a good one) that the pipe and suspected marijuana will be sent to the Michigan State Police Crime Lab in Lansing for analysis. If it comes back positive for marijuana, I expect you would be charged with Possession of Marijuana.

Possession of Marijuana has a maximum penalty of one year in the county jail, and/or a $2,000 fine, plus mandatory driver's license sanctions (your license would be suspended for at least six months if found guilty).

It would be wise to sit down with a local criminal defense attorney in the Bangor area. He / she can give you some additional insight into the court / prosecutor's office that you may eventually be dealing with.

Best of Luck.

An Attorney-Client relationship has not been established. Becket J. Jones is not your attorney. In order to protect your interests, you should engage with and retain a competent criminal defense attorney who practices often in the court you are scheduled to be in front of if you have been (or believe you will be) charged with a crime in the State of Michigan.

Stop talking about the facts of your case on a public forum like avvo. Next step is to hire an attorney or ask the court to appoint you an attorney.

This is general information and not legal advise. This communication does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

You could face charges at a later date if it is sent to the state police lab. However, they are backed up. So, do expect quick action. Never, consent to search in the future. Do not talk about your situation to anyone or in any social media. If you get charged, hire a lawyer. Do not stress about it. Good Luck!

Hire an attorney to help you find out. You might get charged with possession of marihuana. Call an attorney today.

Kennedy Law Office, PLLC
586-580-1942
Free Consultations

Disclaimer: No attorney-client relationship has been established. Please contact an attorney about your legal rights. This answer is for educational purposes only.