Skip to main content

I need help

Tuscaloosa, AL |

My ex husband had a wreck and was charged with a DUI of a controlled substance I know he don't have a licenses but he still continues to drive ! We have joint legal custody of our 4 yo I'm really scared of our daughter to be with him I don't know what to do now this is not his first DUI or trouble with the law I feel for the safety of my child what should I do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You might need to file a modification of your divorce and ask for supervised visitation. Going to see an attorney for a consult and advice that can pull up his record would be a good idea.

There are many factors that can affect how best to handle this matter and the best advise is usually to hire an attorney immediately. Unfortunately the advice above is a guess that is based on very scanty facts. Circumstances of all sorts can change the ultimate answer you need. If you want to know how best to handle the situation, make an appointment with an attorney and get good solid advise based on more exact facts. The money spent might give you the peace of mind you need. The information provided is not intended as legal advice that can be relied on in part because we do not have the entire the situation. No Attorney/Client relationship is intended, implied or created. We are a debt relief agency and we help people file for relief under the bankruptcy laws.


Hire an attorney and file to stop visitation.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.


I agree with the other responders. Hire an attorney to explore custody modification.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer