Skip to main content

I need assistance or advice to obtain my passport,

Aiken, SC |

I was hired for a position in the oil & natural gas industry for Halliburton in Brazil, I applied for my passport and was denied, due to on documents claiming I owed back child support in the state of Georgia in amount over $25,000. I have made numerous calls to dispute this amount to no avail. I cannot get in contact with the mother to try to rectify this issue, I haven't talked to her in over 5 years. She remarried and moved with my son, I heard to Oklahoma but im not sure of this. I have 90 days to obtain my passport or forfeit my position. I paid child support for my son until he was a sophomore in high school, I feel I may owe around $9000, but not the amount claimed by child support enforcement. I really need some help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You will need to clear the arrears in order to be issued a passport.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.