Skip to main content

I need answers. I don't know where to turn.

Eau Claire, WI |

I have court date coming soon. I don't qualify for public defender and don't have the money to pay an attorney other that payment arrangements or maybe caladeral i dont know where to turn. I've never been in trouble before and don't know what to do. I'm looking for a lawyer out of eau Claire or Hayward area that can't help thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I am confused you have posted this under divorce, and State Public Defenders office will not represent folks in divorce action whether you qualify or not. Did you mean to post this under criminal ?
Divorcing parties generally do not consider themselves "in trouble." Hence my confusion.

If you need an attorney for a divorce action might I suggest calling the Wisconsin State Bar and ask about the Modest Means program. They provide attorneys are a reduced rate and generally no retainer. Try them.

If you need an attorney for some other area of law, I suggest posting it in the proper area of law.

WALWORTH, ROCK and JEFFERSON County Divorce/Family Law Attorney - Atty Richard Missimer does answer questions on Avvo strictly to be helpful but these do not constitute legal advice. These answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you would like my help and are within my practice area, contact me at (262)565-8200 for a FREE CONSULTATION.


You need to ask this question again and put the right tags on it.