Skip to main content

I need and immigration lawyer

New York, NY |

I am facing deportation case due to my I - 751 had been rejected . due to insufficient proof of my last Bonaparte arranged marriage with my US Citizen wife which was end up in divorce in very short period . I am in USA from year of 2007 legally and pay my taxes every year and there is no criminal background of any kind . please help me to understand my case . Regards , Sachet Patel NY

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


You need to contact an immigration attorney directly, sit down explain your situation and determine what can be done. The 751 can be renewed in immigration court but it is highly advisable you utilize an attorney, as another denial may have devastating consequences.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You need to take your entire case to an experienced immigration attorney. You can use this site to find a competent attorney that will be able to assist you. Good Luck.

The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more detailed information or to schedule a consultation please contact our office at (718) 924-2896.


There are many good immigration attorneys right here on AVVO. You can also use AILA database.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.


Unfortunately it is very difficult to understand and help you understand your case without seeing your paper work and asking you a lot more questions. Take all of your paper work to an experienced attorney or two and retain the person you feel comfortable with.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


Most of the attorneys answering your question, practice immigration law in your area, including our firm, and are ready to assist you. You only have to pick one and make a contact in order to make a consultation.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.


You definitely need to hire an experienced immigration lawyer in your area. Please go to and look for a lawyer that is both familiar with family immigration matters and with removal cases (deportation). Make sure you have a copy of everything you filed. In some circumstances one can submit a new I-751, either to be reviewed by USCIS or by the immigration judge, depending on the case.
I wish you the best.

The answer offered here is purely informational and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This answer is not to be construed as legal advice.

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman


Good answer


Look on this page for the Find A Lawyer tab and put in NY and immigration. Schedule a consultation with an attorney to assist you. Good luck.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer