Skip to main content

I need an immmigration lawyer for a criminal case in california

New Haven, CT |

Theres a bench warrant under a name I used when I came into this country. Around 1990 my exgirlfriend sold illegal drugs n when I came from work the state police raided my apartment. There was drug in the apt. but I didnt know she sold drugs. I was taken to jail n charged as an acomplice. That happened 23 years ago n because they fingerprinted me know I have a record. I need a lawyer to clear my name.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

before you speak with an immigration attorney, you need to discuss this with a criminal defense attorney in the area where this warrant is from. Once you do that then you can speak to an immigration attorney to determine the best way to resolve this problem. Use Find a Lawyer here on Avvo to get started.

Good luck.

This response is to a question posed in what is considered to be a hypothetical situation. The response is for educational and reference purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal counsel. No fees are to be exchanged for this response and the attorney/client relationship has not been established in this context. You should contact an attorney within the jurisdiction of this matter for legal counsel.


Is the warrant in California? You should contact a lawyer who practices in the court which ordered the warrant.


Use the "Find a Lawyer" function here on AVVO to locate an attorney in California to help you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer