Skip to main content

I need an attorney that handles Whistleblower case. Is it illegal for employer to retaliate against employee for reporting?

San Gabriel, CA |

Reported major Misconduct in a State Agency? Receiving retaliation and harassment by employer in adverse action and must attend Skelly Hearing in two weeks while I'm on disability. Seeking Attorney (Contingency) as soon as possible.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Search Avvo or Google.


Search AVVO or use Google


It sounds like you need to hire an employment attorney. As the other attorneys pointed out, you can do that by searching the "Find a lawyer" tab on Avvo's homepage. Good luck.


Whistle-blowing laws are very complex and difficult to interpret and apply with precision and reliability. In fact, w-b is a legal subject matter where the employee needs the specific skills of an attorney with prior hands-on experience in w-b cases. The Avvo Find an Attorney feature does not allow searching with such a specific criteria, so I strongly recommend that use Google Scholar ( to identify attorneys with specific w-b experience.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.


If you are being harassed or retaliated against because you reported illegal activities to a state agency, you have rights under California law. I agree with my colleagues. Your best bet is to find an experienced employment law attorney to represent you and determine your legal options.