Skip to main content

I need an attorney for free, I cannot afford to hire one myself to seek a divorce

Milwaukee, WI |

Have been married for 21 years, have 3 children (19,15 and 10) and a mortgage too. I think I have to walk away from everything because I cannot afford the mortgage myself. I want to ensure care for my minor children and want nothing more.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Call the legal aid office and see if they'd help. Or, go to the law library, do your proper research, adn represent yourself. Otherwise, you will not find a private attorney to handle your divorce for free. Attorneys, surprisingly enough, need to make a living, too.

This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.


Also call Centro Legal and Nonprofit Legal Services of Southeastern Wisconsin. Excellent attorneys. Legal Aid is a great option with excellent attorneys but tends to have an exorbitant caseload and may not be able to accept your case.


Before you make this decision, you should really consult with an experienced divorce attorney to determine all of your options and see what you are entitled to. Perhaps you will be able to receive money (support or assets) from your spouse that you can use for your legal services. We offer a free initial consultation. Please contact us at 414-258-1644 if you are interested.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer